TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DeeDeeTea

Need help/assistance with Nook Tablet

I was pointed to this board, as it contains people with a variety of experience.

I have a Nook Tablet, that came with 1.4.0 of the operating system. The Tablet got the auto update to 1.4.1 and now it is a pain to add my own books, pdf files, pictures etc... to the tablet.

I contacted Barnes and Noble and they told me that adding those things not through them was sideloading and that was not permitted now. If it was then why not now?

Anyway, I keep hearing there are ways to make my tablet more useable as an Android system.

But I am a dumb blonde (with blue eyes), and understand none of this. I need a LOT of hand holding and slow explanations on what to do.

Maybe someone wants to take the time to help me out?

I have a Arnova 10 G2 (android) tablet & have stuck w/ the original firmware (OS) others have had success "rooting" theirs (custom firmware). I get my tips from a Arnova forum that deals w/ my tablet. Generally the firmware is made/tweaked for each specific tablet as the hardware specs varies a lot.

I googled your ? & found some info for you, like this post, take a look:

I googled your ? & found some info for you, like this post, take a look:

See all the posts by member Indirect and also the YOU TUBE Posts by Albert Wertz they include step by step instructions for everything you could want to do. You could also search You Tube using Nook Tablet his video's will walk you through the steps.

http://www.androidta...g-warranty.html

DeeDeeTea.... becareful trying some of the Nook COLOR mods on your tablet. Not all of them will work or work correctly and could lock up your tablet. Thought both are very similar in many respects, there are some fundimental differences that have caused a lot of problems. If you can wait it out a while, the Nook TABLET hackers will come out with an excellent solution. They are now just really understanding and working with version 1.4.1 of the operating system. Also, though the "idiots" at Barnes and Noble only want it their own way; I have read their help lines are burning up with a LOT of very upset customers.

Good news if you did not already find out. N2A now has Android cards for the MOST of the Nook Tablets. Check out their site at http://www.N2Acards.com

I know a few people that have these and they do work great.