TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Turcotte

Playing Ripped Blu-Rays

I've been ripping Blu-Ray discs for a little bit now. I'm wondering what program I need in order to play them back (From the hard drive itself, not the discs)? I'm using my ATI Radeon 5870 video card for both video and audio, sending the signal to my A/V receiver over HDMI. Is that enough for both full 1080p, and Dolby Digital True-HD 7.1/DTS-HD Master 7.1? If not, what is recommended?

Thanks

Yea that hardware is fine, I just use Media Player Classic to play back a BR rip - point it to the folder under the file menu (Open Directory)

Yh, both VLC and MPC will work fine :). If you have a separate sound card, point Windows to the audio card.

Yea should do!

Although could you not plug in your sound system into the sound card?

I DO have a separate sound card I could install, but it's only digital output is optical, which won't carry the 7.1 signal.

Couple questions. I've got both programs opening the movies fine, but my receiver is just saying Multichannel instead of actual Dolby Digital True-HD 7.1/DTS-HD Master 7.1 if I were to play the discs in my PS3. Everything still fine? Also, I can't access the menus in any movies. Some of the rips are JUST the movie themselves, but some I did a full copy of the disc, and the players won't let me access the menus.

i use shark007 package and windows media player. i just have to click on the *.m2ts files. i run it with hdmi to the tv and use its digital out. every once in a while i may need to change a setting in shark007 but for the most part every thing works great.

Edited by Scott