TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rat boy

What was your introduction into computers?

I received a Commodore 3000H, pong machine, for an Xmas present I presume, and many arguments regarding it attached to the family TV, until a twitchy controller, laid it wayward, then an experience of the ZX80, and I recall asking, when typing, and the text goes off the top of the screen, what happens to it? Amazing!

Then a Texas Instruments TI99/4A programmed many lines from a magazine, but was a cart based system, and Munchman, and TI Invaders are STILL the best games ever...

Then the poor brother of the BBC Micro, the Electron, Repton 3 the best game ever, even to this day.

Was a slag with the Amstrad CPC464, minor game? I forget????

Then obviously Sega, Nintendo, Sega was the rally game, the name I forget, and Nintendo, the James Bond game... classics...Nintendo the classics..

Thank god for Mame.

I recently played Sonic the Hedgehog, on my PS2, and the control isn't right. You can't instill a superspin..Same as Supersprint, the controls are all over the place.

So Commodore, to Texas Instruments, to BBC, to Atari, to Amiga, to PC? (In parallel - in school CBM fixed terminals, BBC B's, BBC Masters, Archimedes computers....(((I would LOVE to own an Archimedes computer, with the game Chocks Away........)))

What is your computer history?

What waa your route?

Sinclair zx80 was my first, then Vic20, then C64. I remember back when the 1st 100meg hard drive came out my dad and I couldn't see how we would EVER fill it up!

James

My dad's work laptop or our vic20. Laptop had windows 3 and Comet Busters plus various Apogee games, aww yeah Apogee.

11/1992 a Tandy 1000 RSX w/ 3 MB RAM, 52 MB Hdd, 25 watt PS & a 25 MHz 386SX Processor.

Included Tandy Deskmate, Windows 3.1 & DOS 5.0

12" Monitor.

$999.00 USD out the door.

Times have sure changed.

Edited by SmokeMe

Flat on my back, from a sever back injury.

A friend brought over his computer system (a TRS-80 Model I) and set it up over the hospital bed. He told me, if your never going to walk again, you better learn something new.

I do walk, and would have a full head of hair except for learning how to program.... LOL

Flat on my back, from a sever back injury.

A friend brought over his computer system (a TRS-80 Model I) and set it up over the hospital bed. He told me, if your never going to walk again, you better learn something new.

I do walk, and would have a full head of hair except for learning how to program.... LOL

I fully understand on the back injury! And a full head of hair is very overrated.

James

In 2007, it was a c2d with Windows vista, never used any PC before that, so was little scared to touch the PC. teehee.gif

In 2007, it was a c2d with Windows vista, never used any PC before that, so was little scared to touch the PC. teehee.gif

Was it because you couldn't afford one, or the lack of interest? :)

I first got into computers and starting to notice them as far more than word processing machines around 2007.

I got my first new (had second hand but not much good) laptop (AMD Sempron 1.6Ghz, 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 80GB HDD) in 2007 and I started tinkering around with the OS. Googling ways to customise a certain part of the OS, which led me to this site.

I've learnt a tremendous amount of info from members here and guides on this forum and has led me into what I am now doing!

a zx81 in 1981 which i throught was out of this world ... the rest is history

I hope nobody minds me replying to this thread, seeing as it is nearly 3 years old, but my introduction into computers was using an Apple Mac back in 1996! :D