Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kittyfuzz

What backup service do you use?

18 posts in this topic

If your hard drive dies and you lose almost 400GB of stuff, and you have no way of getting it back what would you do?

Backup first it happens. If you're forunate to own a UBS drive, you are safe it not, you are screwed.

I have 2 x 160GB drives that I copy stuff to that I dont want to lose, other than that, I have my 1TB main drive that I do lose stuff from when I format - I wish I had a bigger drive to backup to but if I did, I would use it as my main drive and I would be back in the same situation again lol

I use my extra terabyte drive as backup use windows 7 backup as system image love it takes about 2 hours for it to restore my pc from where I made my system image alot easier then reinstalling everything

Edited by taz1963

I use Win7 backup to a 350gb USB drive. Also have a couple extra 80gb drives I use to put stuff on. I am thinking about getting another USB drive (larger this time) and see how one does having Win7 installed on it. Just for "fun".

I'm using my 1TB Buffalo NAS for all my backup needs. Cloud storage is only for a few files I need on the go, everything else is local.

The only real backup I use is in my HTPC, got 2x 1.5TB Samsung F3s in a Mirrored RAID array so if one dies, I don't loose anything. When I get the spare cash and need the extra capacity I'll upgrade it to a 3x 1.5TB RAID5 but for now its enough.

On my desktop I have a 500GB hard drive that I use to store all my programs on, which I have backed up onto an external 320GB drive, but I only backup myself every so often, but if the 500GB died I wouldn't loose anything vital.

i use 4 1tb ext usb drives for my backups and 1 internal 260gb drive for stuff i use like games and other stuff. online backup 2 DAM SLOW

I have my Main OS in RAID 1 using 2 x 1TB Drives, My Movies Drive in RAID 1 using 2 x 1TB Drives, a 500GB Drive holding my Steam Backups and a 2TB Drive holding all my downloads and iso's and such.

whistle.gif

I've learned my lesson. Used to only have 1 hard drive in my computer. It crashed, I lost everything. Put a new one in, 3 months later, another crash.From then on I've always had another hard drive in my computer. When I built I new computer, I stuck 4 hard drives in it. Everything important is on every drive. I also use Mozy so if they somehow ALL go (Lighting, theft), I can still get my stuff back.

I use ZenOK Online Backup my business data needs to be backed up. That's why a service like ZenOK so relevant. it continuously updates any data that has changed since the last backup took place. They've saved my business data from total loss a bunch of times.

<br style=""> <br style="">

I have 2 500 gigabyte hard drives so am thinking of taking the lazy route and getting a 500 gigabyte hard drive for more storage space and a 2 terabyte HDD for backup purposes. So I can just drag and drop everything from the 500 gigabyte drives to the 2 terabyte drive xD

I have 2 500 gigabyte hard drives so am thinking of taking the lazy route and getting a 500 gigabyte hard drive for more storage space and a 2 terabyte HDD for backup purposes. So I can just drag and drop everything from the 500 gigabyte drives to the 2 terabyte drive xD

If you have 2 x 500GB HDDs - Set up RAID 0 Dude !!