TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
eric1018

New Microsoft Security Essentials Beta 2.0.0375.0

Beta for Next Version of Microsoft Security Essentials Now Available

Today we are announcing the beta for the next version of Microsoft Security Essentials. Microsoft Security Essentials was first released in September 2009 and is our award-winning no-cost light weight anti-malware service. It's designed to help address the ongoing security needs of PCs running genuine Windows – helping keep people protected from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

7317.mse2_5F00_thumb_5F00_18852E51.jpg

New features in the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials include:

Windows Firewall integration – During setup, Microsoft Security Essentials will now ask if you would like to turn the Windows Firewall on or off.

Enhanced protection for web-based threats – Microsoft Security Essentials now integrates with Internet Explorer to provide protection against web-based threats.

New protection engine – The updated anti-malware engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities with better performance.

Network inspection system – Protection against network-based exploits is now built in to Microsoft Security Essentials.

To download the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials, click here to visit the Microsoft Connect page toregister for the beta. Once completed – you will find the instructions for downloading and installing the beta. We value your feedback – beta participants are encouraged to provide feedback about their experiences with Microsoft Security Essentials through Microsoft Connect. Please note that this is a limited beta available in English (U.S.), Israel, and Brazilian Portuguese (the beta will also be available in China in Simplified Chinese later this year) and is available to genuine Windows users on a first come, first serve basis until the allotted spots for the beta have been reached.

Source

By the way, if you would like to install, use Internet Explorer and download from the ftp downloader, because currently downloading as a single file does not work. At least, not for me.

Edited by eric1018

Microsoft delivers two new Windows security betas

Microsoft is rolling out two new Windows security beta builds on July 20: A new test build of its free Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus/antimalware product, and another of its paid Forefront Endpoint Protection product.

The new Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) beta is available via the Microsoft Connect site. It is available in English in the U.S. in Israel, and will be available in Brazilian Portuguese in Brazil on July 20. (An MSE version in simplified Chinese is coming later this year, according to the company.) Microsoft is limiting the number of participants, but hasn’t said to how many.

The new MSE beta includes:

* Windows Firewall integration (allowing users to turn on or off the Windows Firewall during setup)

* Internet Explorer integration for additional protection against Web-based attacks

* An updated anti-malware engine with “enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities with better performance,” according to the Softies

* Network inspection system functionality to help fend off network-based exploits

Microsoft officials say they expect to release the final version of the updated MSE to the Web later this calendar year. Last month, the company pushed to users of the current MSE release a number of new updates.

Microsoft also is making available today a beta of Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP), the successor to Forefront Client Security. Last year, the company decided to do a reset with FEP, making it based on System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 R2. The final release of FEP is still due out in the fourth quarter of 2010, however, Microsoft officials said today.

Microsoft still hasn’t announced its pricing and licensing plans for FEP, which will provide security for XP, Windows Server 2003 and all subsequent versions of Windows client and server. But company officials are talking about FEP features, which include:

* A new antivirus engine (the same one that is in MSE)

* New behavioral threat detection

* Better protection against “unknown” or “zero day” threats via “behavior monitoring, emulation, and dynamic translation,” company officials said

* Windows Firewall management

* Dynamic cloud Updates, specifically, “on-demand signature updates from the cloud for suspicious files and previously unknown malware”

Microsoft is pitching Forefront client as its security offering for business users of any size, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. It is pitching MSE as being for consumers and not designed for business use.

Source

Sweet! thanks for the info!!!!! Downloading now....

Also... merged!

You're welcome!!! :) I was ecstatic when I found this out!! But, unfortunately because I am enrolled in the Security Essentials Ongoing Beta, I can't install this until it is given to me and others as in auto update. :/

Windows Firewall integration (allowing users to turn on or off the Windows Firewall during setup)

Not really integrated if it just ask to turn it off and on. But I still think its one of the best as it doesn't slow the pc to a crawl after a month or so of being installed. Like McAfee and Nortons. Who are only popular because of OEMs... JUST LIKE INTEL. Yeah I said it.

AMD

Like McAfee and Nortons. Who are only popular because of OEMs... JUST LIKE INTEL. Yeah I said it.

AMD

rofl.gif