TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MrDan

Ok, Rapidshare are awesome!!!!!!

Dear collector's user #*******,

we have just converted your free collector's account to a free premium account!

Please use the following login data to use your new premium account instead.

All your files and points have been transferred there.

Obsolete collector's account: *******

Your new Premium Login: ********

Password: Use your old collector's account password

If you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone.

--

Best regards

RapidShare Account Converter

RapidShare AG

Rapidshare, you made my day!!!

Anybody else get this?

Edited by MrDan

I might have something to do with the changes happening today:

New product and pricing models make RapidShare as flexible and low priced as never before

June 25, 2010

As of June 29, 2010, RapidShare is changing its product and payment models. In future, the costs for RapidShare accounts will no longer be tiered according to time period; instead there will be five packages with differing features. These packages will be paid for with a new currency known as "Rapids". In order to grant our customers maximum flexibility when choosing the type of package, they will be able to switch between packages on a daily basis and hence select the features that suit them best at the time.

All previous Collector's accounts will be automatically converted into free Premium accounts on July 1, 2010, thus making it still possible to use the RapidShare service without charge.

What is actually changing: pricing model

RapidShare is launching a new currency: Rapids. This will allow users to take up various packages from June 29, 2010.

Rapids can be acquired in the following increments:

Prepaid funds

400 Rapids € 4,99

1.000 Rapids € 9,95

2.000 Rapids € 19,90

5.000 Rapids € 49,75

20.000 Rapids € 199,00

Many users will already have Rapids in their accounts from the start as both the remaining days in existing Premium accounts and unused traffic share will be converted automatically into Rapids. For each remaining day, the user will be credited with 20 Rapids. For example, if there are 10 days left in a Premium account, the user will receive 200 Rapids. Each GB of traffic share will be converted into 5 Rapids.

Any accumulated Free- and Premium-RapidPoints can also be converted into Rapids until July 6, 2010. Altogether, 5,000 Free-RapidPoints and 5,000 Premium-RapidPoints equate to 600 Rapids; 50,000 Free-RapidPoints and 50,000 Premium-RapidPoints will give 6,000 Rapids.

A maximum of 50,000 Rapids can be obtained by converting existing RapidPoints, traffic share or the remaining time on a Premium account.

What is actually changing: product model

These modifications will not change anything for Free Users. Owners of previous Collector's accounts will receive free Premium accounts, enabling them to manage their uploaded files in the Premium Zone. Downloading and storing are just the same as for the previous Collector's account.

Users who have Rapids can choose from five types of fee-paying package. What is special about these packages is that every user can turn the features off and on to suit their needs from day to day. In this way, we hope to offer our customers an even better service and, above all, much more flexibility than before.

See http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html

• RapidSmall For the RapidSmall package, users pay 4 Rapids a day. This gives them 10 GB of secured storage and a daily traffic volume of 1 GB. What's more, they can take advantage of file management and direct download features.
  • RapidMedium Those who opt for the RapidMedium deal get, in exchange for 20 Rapids a day, 50 GB of secured storage and a daily traffic volume of 5 GB. In addition to file management and direct downloads, users will be able to manage their data in folders.
  • RapidBig Holders of RapidBig accounts have access to 200 GB of secured storage and a traffic limit of 20 GB. Along with other RapidMedium features, in this version users will also be able to have their account verified. The RapidBig package costs 78 Rapids a day.
  • RapidSupersize With the RapidSupersize account, users receive 600 GB of secured storage and 60 GB of daily traffic in return for 229 Rapids a day. As an added feature, users will have the ability to sell their own files via the Licence Manager.
  • RapidBusiness With RapidBusiness, commercial customers benefit from being able to store and grant others access to even greater quantities of data for 449 Rapids a day. In addition to the features of the RapidSupersize deal, customers will have access to Licence Manager+.

Plus, business customers can receive targeted offers on request.

If users load their account with Rapids through payment or by converting RapidPoints, Traffic or remaining time, they will be set up with the smallest package (RapidSmall), with the option to upgrade at any time.

All features of the new model will be explained in further detail on June 29, 2010 on rapidshare.com.

Edited by Xavier

Yep, not sure what it's gonna mean to my premium account, can't figure out the prices just yet.

Jamie

Ok, so I now have a premium account? this allows me to download a certain amount of premium downloads a day?

I hate Rapidshare for this, i think this is just a move to tackle piracy on there servers.

My Premium account ran out the end of august which has now been converted to 1516 "rapids".

So every day i can download upto 1GB use 10GB of storage and it would take 4rapids of my total a day. Which suckjs because for days i dont download and one day i might download 6 - 7gb in a day.

Personally i think they will lose alot of customers because of this change.

Also it works out more to by rapids then it sis to buy it in months.

Edited by Archer1978

RapidShare listens and acts: One package for all users

July 06, 2010

As a result of the recent adjustments to our product and pricing model we have received a lot of feedback from our users. There was also positive response but we want to be honest with you: most answers were negative. With our adjustments we have alienated many users. As a matter of course, that was not our intention. Instead, it is our goal to introduce a system that gives our users more flexibility. However, we are happy about every single user response that we have received as this is the only way we can learn what our users really want. That is the reason why we have fundamentally revised our offer one more time and made it much simpler.

In addition to the free Premium Accounts, with immediate effect there is only one package for everybody: RapidPro

For 99 Rapids users immediately receive a traffic volume of 30 GB and a storage volume of 10 GB which last for 30 days.

See Prices

If users need more volume, they can buy extra volume, of course. Each additional 1 GB of storage costs 2 Rapids per 30 days. 5 GB additional traffic volume will be charged with only 14 Rapids.

Additional storage: 1 GB = 2 Rapids/month

Additional traffic: 5 GB = 14 Rapids

Unused traffic volume does not expire.

You will only be charged for additional storage if you activate the "keep files forever" option.

The prices for Rapids remain the same as before.

See Prices

That means that users can use their RapidPro 30 days for only 99 Cent making the new RapidShare second to none also in terms of value for money.

Please note that users have the following options in their account settings:

• Keep files forever: This option is not activated in the default settings. This means that if users exceed their storage volume, files that have not been downloaded for 60 days will automatically be deleted.
  • Automatic purchase of traffic: This option is activated in the default settings. As soon as users reach the limit of their traffic volume, they will automatically buy additional volume.
  • Automatic RapidPro Extension: This option is activated in the default settings. RapidPro-Packages will automatically be extended after 30 days if the user still has Rapids left.

Users can change these settings at any time in their account settings.

We are convinced that we will meet our users' needs with the new and simple model.

can someone translate this info for me where a 6 year old can understand it?

why does my premium page look so crappy now?

at one point i had enough points to extend another month..now i dont?

capturetm.jpg

Edited by thaGrinch