TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
atrapine

Folding@Home Team

hey i just got a laptop and how do i add it under my username so i can have 2 computers under one username.

hey i just got a laptop and how do i add it under my username so i can have 2 computers under one username.

when you are setting up your client, put your name in the box under configure > user > user name. and don't forget to put the team number as 51285 so that you are under the hotfix team! you can have as many computers running under your username and team as you want, just keep the information the same on all of them.

he on my laptop i have the graphic version and it serously refreshes every second is there something wrong with my graphic driver on my hp zt1170 or should i just use the dos vesion

he on my laptop i have the graphic version and it serously refreshes every second is there something wrong with my graphic driver on my hp zt1170 or should i just use the dos vesion

go into configure>display> and lower the draw rate.

i just keep mine the lowest it will go so that more of my processor is used for the work and not the "eye candy" if you can really call it that...

AND WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!

This is the current table of members from the hotfix:

Rank Team members Score WU

1 rollcage 2273 13

2 Jonslilbro 1801 9

3 Vegetunk 1144 3

4 PAUL_WA 979 3

5 Darylngch 600 1

i was hoping to get at least 1000 people working on this, maybe i'll start the goal at 100. what can i say, i have high hopes!

Edited by rollcage

well thx but i mean like the whole app refreshes the part that says frames complete and everything else near the app refreshes and when i click on it it refreshes the whole screen.

I have an Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT. That can help out alot!

I join with another team, but i will tell little experience at there...

I'm using AthlonFX-62. It's very usefull for my folding process...

I always get 1000+ point...

Try using -betateam -forceasm -local -verbosity 9. Don't try using -advmethods if u'r using FAH504-console...

hey who ever manages the team for the hotfix can you remove PAUL_WALL_ and leave PAUL_WALL.

I know this topic hasnt been talked in for over 11 months, but I am the only one still folding. I wasn't folding for a while cause my computer sucked and had problems so I replaced it and now I'm folding on my new computer and I have already folded 2, almost 3 work units.

So, come on people we can help, we just need to get more people folding again. I dont want to do it alone, cause it is a stress on my computers. Please lets get back to folding like we used to.

You have a lot of catching up to do to get me! :P I'll get folding for thehotfix team, I had switched over to another team that had more participation. Come on people, let's get folding!

You have a lot of catching up to do to get me! :P

I'll get folding for thehotfix team, I had switched over to another team that had more participation. Come on people, let's get folding!

I know I need a lot more to catch up to you, but oh well I'm doing better than I did with my old computer

Ok guys i`m joining, i never even heard about this, I got a spare pc that can fold forever if it likes lol, just downloading everything and working out how to set it up I got it working on my slow machine, but dont think thats gonna fold many protiens an hour but cant get it to install on here, anyone know why when I press run it extracts and loads the install screen very quickly then vanishes before I have a chance to press anything, I tried running it in Administrator mode, I`m running Vista Ultimate x86

Edited by diablofan

Posts mergeed

As long as you fold your still helping out, like i said, the more processors the better, even slow ones can help. Which version of the Client do you have, graphical or console. I recomend console myself because it can fold more protiens with the same cpu power as with the graphical

Edited by diablofan

once you complete your first work unit, and after the site update, you will show up

Now we have 4 folding member currently active, (as in folding and have recently turned in a work unit). They are:

• Me
  • KillerGardevoir
  • Ben, (can you reveal your self, I think its ZackAttack)
  • Bobby (my friend from school, he is using his Playstation 3 to help out, and he started helping 2 days ago)

Still we could use more people, and for those currently helping, keep those program running please and thank you.

Edited by diablofan

I can fold if you want, but not for long since electricity bills reach sky high when I do.

Its ok if you dont fold alot, as long as you fold, your helping the team.

Hi all,

Just joined the folding team. Soon as I can get a couple more systems sorted out I will get them folding as well. :D

Good, we could use a few more systems for folding, I only have 2 folding a my house, and I want to check with my schools to have them fold during the summer, that way the computers don't waste space in the summer, so they will have a purpose year round.

I am folding now. I put in the team number for thehotfix: 51285. I hope that makes me join the team. This is really CPU intensive. Lot of my stuff is freezing. I might have something like this run during the night while I sleep.