TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Apocalypse

Apple to launch iPhone HD and OS 4.0 on June 22?

apple-iphone2.jpg

Rumors are cropping up all over the Web that Apple plans to launch a new iPhone along with iPhone OS 4.0 this summer. The Wall Street Journal and others report that the company's next-gen handset will be named "iPhone HD" and will bring a new A4-family SoC, a 960x640 display (the current resolution is 480x320), a front-mounted camera (for video conferencing), and multitasking courtesy of iPhone OS 4.0.

Word also has it that Apple is developing two versions of the phone: one for GSM networks used by AT&T and others, while another is for CDMA, used by Verizon and Sprint, namely. Most believe the iPhone will be available through Verizon by this holiday season, and although still unofficial, it certainly feels "right" after having been exclusive to AT&T for three years.

Apple is expected to host an unveiling on Tuesday, June 22, so mark your calendars.

Source : TechSpot

Looking forward to OS 4.0. If the rumoured specs of the new iPhone are true it'll be hard to keep myself from upgrading my 3G S...

Found this on youtube don't know whether or not it is real

I guess a fake , but still a very nice concept

Found this on youtube don't know whether or not it is real

That's the SE Vivaz just edited :)

Edited by MrDan

man, if the iPhone really does come to Verizon, AT&T is gona lose SO MUCH money lol

That's the SE Vivaz just edited :)

if it did end up like that though, it would be epic and i would probably fall in love with the iPhone

Yeah I think that is a problem with the way the iPhone is distributed in the States, considering AT&T's 3G coverage. Luckily over here it arrived on the better cellular network, which was an important part of it's success...

I think making it available on Verizon as well will help take back market share from all those jumping on the Android bandwagon.

Edited by ryanrich

I think making it available on Verizon as well will help take back market share from all those jumping on the Android bandwagon.

Bit off topic, but still... I don't blame people for jumping on the Android bandwagon. My dad got a new phone on contract (with 3). It's the Samsung Galaxy, oh my! it's a fantastic phone. TBH , it may sound like I'm exaggerating but I'm not :D The Android OS (latest 2.1 firmwire) and the quick snappyness of the phone makes for a very good phone. It has just one problem, which is hardware related, the camera is too dim, it lets the phone down. Apart from the camera, it's a very good phone :D Apple really need to pull their finger out and impress users looking for phones now, the iOS UI looks too old, it's been with it since v1 and it's nearly v4!!!!!! The UI looks too dated and there is so much competition in the mobile market now to not make any big UI updates! If Apple don't do anything UI related (major) with v4, my planned next contract phone won't be an iPhone!

[/rant]

Yep, that is totally real my friend.

No, thats totally Fake my friends !!!

The only 1 who is legit , was a leaked prototype , and was presented by engadget.com

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/apples-4th-generation-iphone-revealed/

Edited by Mysteryman

Sign in to follow this