Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deactivate Windows 7?

12 posts in this topic

Is there any way I can deactivate Windows 7? As in, resetting the activation so I can activate again. I think I could use sysprep -reseal as well

Maybe there are some other files to look at though?

Thank you

1) Start Command Prompt: Click the Start Menu Button Orb (On Lower left), In the Start Search Box, key in:

cmd

And RIGHT CLICK IT, and Run as Administrator.

You can also Manually open CMD, by going to: START> ALL PROGRAMS> ACCESSORIES> Command Prompt

And Run as Admin

2) Key in the following CAREFULLY:

slmgr.vbs -ipk 3YFJ7-3486F-7488V-3VDMF-2PJMW

Hit Enter

This key is a deactivated key from Microsoft, and does NOT work for activating

3) wait a few seconds to a minute to deactivate Windows 7.

4) Once you see a pop up related to deactivation, check and see if Windows is deactivated. Go to:

Start> Right Click Computer> Click Properties, on the bottom it should tell you a time Limit

Hope this help 999 :)

Note : please make SURE you are running an Administrative Account!

Edited by Shayla

Well this did not work:slmgr.vbs -ipk 3YFJ7-3486F-7488V-3VDMF-2PJMW

gives an error 'service responded invalid product key' or something to that effect , and the activation does not change.

So I tried:

slmgr.vbs -upk

Hit Enter

removed the existing key

and then tried another key:

slmgr -ipk D4F6K-QK3RD-TMVMJ-BBMRX-3MBMV

that gave some other bizarre error message

Now there is no key reported by windows control panel system, and service as unavailable.

We will see when I try and re-activate the COA Product Key again on reinstall

This key is a deactivated key from Microsoft, and does NOT work for activating

Well this did not work:slmgr.vbs -ipk 3YFJ7-3486F-7488V-3VDMF-2PJMW

Well then, change the key to match yours in the command and it will. Duh?

(First Post! YAY!)

Ahem, I was wondering, what happens if I lose my entire filesystem without deactivating? I can re-activate my windows upon reinstallation? Or there is no need for such thing as long as I install it on the same machine?

(Yes, I lost everything after a failed attempt to multiboot...)

Edited by Loupax

There is no need to deactivate, your next install will activate just as normal

If you have activated too many times with that key, Windows might require you to activate via phone, which is completely automated, (No speaking to real people involved)

Welcome to THF ;)

Hi guys, can someone just confirm when using the slmgr.vbs -upk command this will deactivate windows 7 but the product key will 'still' be a valid product key.... it won't get blacklisted from Microsoft?

The reason I am asking this is because I am hearing conflicting information where some folk are saying it will render the product useless and some saying the product key will still be valid.

Thanks

I don't know on this method, but if you call MS Support they will activate a key if it's already been used. Just say "I have re-installed Windows on my same PC" and they should re-activate the Windows product key :)

Hi guys, can someone just confirm when using the slmgr.vbs -upk command this will deactivate windows 7 but the product key will 'still' be a valid product key.... it won't get blacklisted from Microsoft?

The reason I am asking this is because I am hearing conflicting information where some folk are saying it will render the product useless and some saying the product key will still be valid.

Thanks

Keys only get blacklisted if they become public, ie. leaked on the net.

If a key is activated beyond its allowed limit, you can just do as Dan says and called the Automated activation line and activate via telephone.