TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ahsan

i have downloaded SP3, now what i need further?

hi,

can any one tell me if i have the latest version of xp or not?

see screen shot taken using winver command on run:

Posted Image

also, please tell me which updates i need and where from and how can download them in one package instead of downloading one by one. i have disabled windows update because i am using very slow net connection. Thanks!

Yup, SP3 is the latest SP for Windows XP, however there willbe quite a few security updates and such since then you'll need. You had best visit the Windows/Microsoft Update site ASAP, let it do a scan and download the updates.

Yup, SP3 is the latest SP for Windows XP, however there willbe quite a few security updates and such since then you'll need. You had best visit the Windows/Microsoft Update site ASAP, let it do a scan and download the updates.

please see the screenshot and tell me what updates i need, i have disabled Automatic Update because i have very slow connection. i want to download all the required updates manually but not one by one, i am in search of a package which will contain all the updates.

please read my first post carefully! again...

please see the screenshot and tell me what updates i need, i have disabled Automatic Update because i have very slow connection. i want to download all the required updates manually but not one by one, i am in search of a package which will contain all the updates.

please read my first post carefully! again...

They have to be done separately. If you're wanting a complete package, then you'll have to wait until the next service pack is released.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, you can't download them in one package. You should probably try not to be so ungrateful for the reply's, your a new member and you expect help from others. Treat them like it.

They have to be done separately. If you're wanting a complete package, then you'll have to wait until the next service pack is released.

I think Service Pack 3 is the last ever Service Pack Microsoft has made for Windows XP and are not going to make any future Service Packs....

lol I remember a homemade XP SP3 long before the real SP3 was even thought up! Anyone else in here remember that lol

lol I remember a homemade XP SP3 long before the real SP3 was even thought up!

Anyone else in here remember that lol

I was just thinking about that Dave.

You know, I think I remember that, wasn't it basically a BAT file that installed each update one by one in silent mode. Used to take a good coupld of hours when I last remember using it lol