TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HaggleLad

HotFix 815304 - Not Available for English x84 SP3

Hi,

I was recently over-joyed when I found the following pages (and potential hotfix 815304) on microsoft's website describing the exact symptoms of a problem I have been experiencing for over 3 years....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815304

Naturally I wanted to download and try the hotfix immediately. There are a large number of varierties of the hotfix available for different platforms in different languages HOWEVER...

There is no hotfix for XP SP3 in English on x84!!! WTF? Surely thats one of the most common setup's!

Is anyone able to help me find the hotfix for my platform. I thought my life sentence to this problem was over but alas it isn't.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Sorry typo, meant x86. You know good old 32-bit intel. Yes I've look through that page a thousand times just to check my eyes aren't deceiving me. Take a look again there IS NO HOTFIX FOR SP3 in ENGLISH on a x86.

Edited by HaggleLad

Yes I did see that - have you tried another language ? Obviously not the perfect solution but ....... BTW what is the problem your having?

Yes have tried other hotfixes for different languages and platforms.

All gave some error basically saying my machine/install isn't compatible with the hot fix.

The problem is that the monitors don't come on when I wake the PC from standby remotely and I can't RDP to it.

(For a full explanation of the problem that a look at an unanswered experts-exchange post I made a long time ago)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microso...Q_22106972.html

Edited by HaggleLad

Yes have tried other hotfixes for different languages and platforms.

All gave some error basically saying my machine/install isn't compatible with the hot fix.

The problem is that the monitors don't come on when I wake the PC from standby remotely and I can't RDP to it.

(For a full explanation of the problem that a look at an unanswered experts-exchange post I made a long time ago)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microso...Q_22106972.html

According to the XP SP3 release notes, KB815304 was included in SP3. That is why you cant find the update on the website.

are you sure you could download it from MS using other languages? MS should have dropped all abilities to get hotfix patches (unless you pay $$$) when XP entered extended support.