TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky

What languages do you know?

I know C#, VB, all .NET stuff, SQL, and many scripting languages. Anyone else?

• Upvote 1

Java, PHP, BASIC (old skool), and some SQL.Just a note, HTML is not considered a true programming langauge.

• Upvote 1

Java, PHP, BASIC (old skool), and some SQL.Just a note, HTML is not considered a true programming langauge.

if html is out, well, than i have nothing, except css but thats out to... where do i learn this 'stuff'?

PHP is very easy to learn. Just Google "learn PHP" and see what you come up with. PHP is what this forum was built on, well, that and SQL.

PHP is very easy to learn. Just Google "learn PHP" and see what you come up with. PHP is what this forum was built on, well, that and SQL.

:blink: where did you learn your stuff at?

Well, I'm a huge computer geek, I taught myself by taking source code and manipulating the *Banned Word* out of it, playing with the APIs, reading programming books, and asking people how to do little things.

I do, but right now I'm about 2 minutes from leaving work. I don't really get on AIM that much though. If you want me to teach you, I'll have to get you on an IRC server, unless you already know how to do that, and we'll go from there. IRC is much better than IM. What langauge are you interested in? I know Java and BASIC more than I do any other langauge. Warning, BASIC is back from Windows 3.1 days, so I'd stay away from it unless you want to learn it because it makes VisualBasic easier to pick up.

I do, but right now I'm about 2 minutes from leaving work. I don't really get on AIM that much though. If you want me to teach you, I'll have to get you on an IRC server, unless you already know how to do that, and we'll go from there. IRC is much better than IM. What langauge are you interested in? I know Java and BASIC more than I do any other langauge. Warning, BASIC is back from Windows 3.1 days, so I'd stay away from it unless you want to learn it because it makes VisualBasic easier to pick up.

check your pm's

I know almost all the programming... .net would be very useful in the future!! So if you do not know it, learnt it!! .net would be used in OS Singularity, though i doubt it would materalise now!! But, some of vista codes uses .net, and so does some of XP!!

I know almost all the programming... .net would be very useful in the future!! So if you do not know it, learnt it!! .net would be used in OS Singularity, though i doubt it would materalise now!! But, some of vista codes uses .net, and so does some of XP!!

It's true :) will learn that somedayKnow some basic C++ programming, you know the same that PHP usesIF, THEN, ELSE an math thingswanna learn DX part of it :) But I think I am far from that one :lol: Besides that Russian, Dutch, German, English...Or does that not count :P Edited by Rosty

If you wanna write your own Linux, you need to learn C, C++, and ASM. Ah, good old assembly....so hard though.

If you wanna write your own Linux, you need to learn C, C++, and ASM. Ah, good old assembly....so hard though.

One day there will be a Frenkel linux,...... or not.

I know C++, and ASM :P Haha ASM .. sure is tough learning that one...and HTML too .. considering it's not a true programming language .. well count that out . :P

I don't know any languages at the moment but I am trying to learn Visual Basics... I was going to do Java but then i got bored and I don't think it'll be as useful as VB. Might try .net but I do have my exams so...

I will be doing a how-to learn various languages!!

Hopefully I'll be there to learn and stick to it. :P Edit: Sorry for the typos Edited by Coltm4carbine

I know a bit C++ and learning C# right now (simply because there are like 957997 hours of videos by Microsoft....makes learning easy as cake)

/me @ learning c++... i have build some programs (like calcuators etc...^^) but thats almost all i can do at the moment...

I have dabbled in pretty much everything, from asm to PHP to C# and C++, but many of the things I didn't use I forgot. Primarily now I know web languages (javascript/ajax, php, sql, ruby, etc) but when I was like 10 years old I knew many more. It shifts :P

Edited by Scott Halstvedt

I know English, Italian, Tagalog also.................nothing else I don't know any programming languages. Except for HTML which is not a true programming language.