TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
stephenophof

Windows Vista SP2 coming!

There you go peope!

Thanx so much im installing vista right now so i cant verify if it works but hopefully it will. i see its one of those registry mods where it installs the reg key so u can install via win update so hopefully ms doesnt take it down but watever. just one question: do i need sp1 before it shows up in win update?

again THANK YOU lol

so when someone gets it working please confirm lol thanx. i stupidly installed home server so i have to now download and install vista asap and try this out lol

The batch file that rz posted does allow the servicing stack to download and afterwards if you reboot (may not be necessary), it will show the SP2 download available and let you download it.

Edited by Witt3439

yes the batch file works perfectly. Is it safe to install on my main vista machine?

yes the batch file works perfectly. Is it safe to install on my main vista machine?

Yes, just installed. The sad thing is, is that I have to repatch my theme files so I can customize my visual styles again... :dry:

does anyone have a patch to remove the watermark on desktop?

cant you just go into the registry and unpaint the desktop?

Edit : Follow this tutorial but doing the opisite : http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista...ktopversion.htm

UNTESTED IF THIS WILL WORK

How long is the installation?

Edited by djdanster

reboot a couple of times does it appear?

ya...sigh...but I don't feel like doing anymore reg hacks.

Edited by eric1018

I can only see the first SP2 update which is only like 4mb. Do I need to restart again to see the update?

I can only see the first SP2 update which is only like 4mb. Do I need to restart again to see the update?

I think so, just install everythin you see.

I think so, just install everythin you see.

ok ill get back to ya after ive uninstalled CS3 (installing CS4). Should CS3 unistalling take nearly 1hr with about 1/3rd through?

I'm not going to swear to it, but Vista feels faster now! (At least it does to me.)

ok ill get back to ya after ive uninstalled CS3 (installing CS4). Should CS3 unistalling take nearly 1hr with about 1/3rd through?

not sure, sorry

Ok, I got this update like 2 restarts ago : Vista SP2 Servicing Stack Update Build 16489 for x86 (KB955430) I ran windows update like 10 seconds ago and ive still not got the option to install vista SP2. shall I run the batch file again?

no scan a couple of times, maybe MS nuked the reg key.

what ya mean? as in microsoft planted a ip finder that reports back to microsoft and blocks the ip from downloading SP2?