TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MrDan

winrar help?

Right, i wanna split .rar's into parts so like : Thehotfix.Part1.rar, Thehotfix.Part2.rar, Thehotfix.Part3.rar, Thehotfix.Part4.rar, Thehotfix.Part5.rar, Thehotfix.Part6.rar, Thehotfix.Part7.rar, Thehotfix.Part8.rar, Thehotfix.Part9.rar. How can i do this?

Right click on the file/folder and select "Add to archive..." In the lower left hand corner is an option that says "Split to volume, bytes" Click that drop down and select from the options there, or input your own amount if you wish (ie: 2 gb, 100 mb, etc). Select any other options that you wish, name your archive, and then click OK. The archive will be created and auto-split using the select amount. I would highly suggest that when making a split-archive you select "Put recovery record" on the right hand side if not already selected. It makes it easier so that should someone download and one of the files has a crc error, they can repair the archive without having to redownload the file. (I really wish more people would put recovery records in all rar files! I do in all of mine by default)

Right click on the file/folder and select "Add to archive..." In the lower left hand corner is an option that says "Split to volume, bytes" Click that drop down and select from the options there, or input your own amount if you wish (ie: 2 gb, 100 mb, etc). Select any other options that you wish, name your archive, and then click OK. The archive will be created and auto-split using the select amount. I would highly suggest that when making a split-archive you select "Put recovery record" on the right hand side if not already selected. It makes it easier so that should someone download and one of the files has a crc error, they can repair the archive without having to redownload the file. (I really wish more people would put recovery records in all rar files! I do in all of mine by default)

Thankyou very much, working like a treat :)