TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
b.meyr :o)

Post SP3 Hotfixes

Long story made short, it is more efficient these days to let Windows Autoupdate gather and install hotfixes. Allow it to run, yet if you are patient enough settle the "manual" and read about every fix offered and judge and allow each one as per your own thinking. Now there it is why: Basically MS don't want such a list to be available elsewhere but on their webpages. And they are eagger to get to court whoever tries to publish such a list. Just search for "Security Bulletins" MS.com. You should find at least one such bulletin for each month, after SP3 and before as well. These are the primary sources. Each one lists severall hotfixes, for several MS products, including all flavors of Windows (XP/Vista/Servers ..., x86/x64, SP1/SP2/SP3..., Home/Pro..., ...). For products other than Windows there are also specializations based on Windows flavors. By products I mean also components of Windows such as IE, WMP, Net Frameworks and whatever else. Download links are also available there, yet a little tricky. It seems to me you are looking to slipstream hotfixes into some Windows Kits CDs. You should do this on a monthly basis, yet will be even harder as some of the hot fixes get "recalls" - and you should always track these down. A nasty one was as early back as december. Just as an example take a look of of the list of hot fixes installed on my computer right now in the attachement. They all should be post SP3, and all where installed via Autoupdate. You should remember that these are only required/indicated for my software configuration (XP SP3 x86 Pro, IE 6+updates, WMP9, .Net 2.0 and 3.5) and probably some are also only for my current hardware. Again, search on MS for the KB numbers and you will get eventually a download link. Usually MS issues security bulletins on the second tuesday of each month, and Autoupdate will pick them from this day anywhen. You will note the bunch of the hotfixes on a single day before the middle of each month. There are also few after months' middles - these where either criticall urgent or recalled fixes. The december late month was definitely a recall.

post-49568-1231879329_thumb.jpg

I wonder why Microsoft didn't include Internet Explorer 7 and WMP 11 in Windows XP's SP3?

Download Post SP3 pack from here http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack-sp3.html

Integrate to XPCD using RYAN VM Integrator.

This pack is designed to bring a Windows XP CD with SP3 integrated fully up to date with all of the latest hotfixes released by Microsoft since SP3's release. It accomplishes this task via direct integration, where files on the CD are directly overwritten by the updated files. This method has numerous advantages over other integration techniques:

1. Since the files are being directly overwritten on the CD, there is no period of vulnerability between when the files are copied to the hard drive and the hotfixes are run. This guarantees maximum stability and security.

2. All necessary registry entries needed by Windows Update, QFECheck, and Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer are imported during Windows setup, meaning that the integration is transparent to Windows.

3. Security Catalogs necessary for Windows File Protection to recognize the updated files as digitally signed are installed, once again ensuring maximum transparency to Windows.

4. Since the updated files are being directly overwritten on the CD, this pack has the minimum possible amount of overhead associated with integrating hotfixes in comparison to other methods - both in space used on the CD and in Windows installation time.

5. This pack works regardless of whether or not the Windows installation is unattended.

Edited by BBalegere

You could have a look at this place...

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/

thanx i'd love to dowload the hotfixes manually.

thanx brother