TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
chermesh

Lost important USB capabilities following SP3 update

I've installed SP3 on my XP Pro system. Since then, I lost updating capabilities. In addition, and much more severe, my post-SP3 complications are much wider. Whenever I connect my USB connected external HD or my USB connected DVD drive, the following blue screen error message appears: *** Hardware Malfunction · Call your hardware vendor for support · NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error *** The system has halted. *** My memory cards were both checked and replaced, but the problem stayed unsolved. What is it in SP3 that is so harmful to my system? How can I solve my USB problems? (Just one minor addition: Not all my USB connected hardware are out of order. When I synchronize my Nokia phone, using USB, the action runs flawlessly). My pc is a Lenovo M55e running Windows XP Pro (SP3)

Is it just me or are both posts from the same guy? The second post was set by someone who signed up about 7 minutes before.. weird.. :P

Possibly but could have signed up coz they found the post googling and wanted to get it going again

probally not,

chermesh Joined: 19-May 08

courtz Joined: 4-June 08

i duobt it is the same person

I would try uninstall your USB and external harddrive driver reboot then try it. if doesn't work backup your pc. slimstream a copy of xp with sp3 and reformat

Yes, you have something messed up. Performa a reinstall. I've done several clean installs for customers (with XP SP2 plus installed SP3 manually) and I've got no problems with usb hdds.