TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jasj23

black screen after windows logo

That's my problem, after installing sp3, i always get a black screen after windows logo , any solution? many thanks!!!!!!! if no, is there any way to uninstall sp3 from other partition?

Try booting in safe mode (F8 at boot) and uninstall it from there.... or try booting in VGA Mode (F8 at boot) and see if the refresh rate or resolution is too high for your monitor and set them low and try to boot normally again.

Try booting in safe mode (F8 at boot) and uninstall it from there.... or try booting in VGA Mode (F8 at boot) and see if the refresh rate or resolution is too high for your monitor and set them low and try to boot normally again.

ok, i did those things, and still no working, i have other partition with vista, i'm using vista until find a solution

thanks anyway.

Hey I dunno if this'll help, but I've had this problem MANY times... Basically what I do is I go into the System Volume Information folder in the root of the drive (make sure you can see hidden folders, including system protected ones), go to the folder that's like _restores and then to one of the last folders, probably like third to last (it'll be like RP, then a number), then go to the snapshot folder inside of there and copy these files to your desktop: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY _REGISTRY_MACHINE_.DEFAULT _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM Then rename them SAM SOFTWARE SECURITY DEFAULT SYSTEM After that, go to C:\Windows\System32\config on the drive that you have Windows XP on and copy those files there and overwrite the ones that are there. If you want you can make backups, which I would recommend. Be sure you do this in Vista, because it won't let you while you're in Safe Mode in XP. Let me know if this helps!

Hey I dunno if this'll help, but I've had this problem MANY times... Basically what I do is I go into the System Volume Information folder in the root of the drive (make sure you can see hidden folders, including system protected ones), go to the folder that's like _restores and then to one of the last folders, probably like third to last (it'll be like RP, then a number), then go to the snapshot folder inside of there and copy these files to your desktop:

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_.DEFAULT

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM

Then rename them

SAM

SOFTWARE

SECURITY

SYSTEM

After that, go to C:\Windows\System32\config on the drive that you have Windows XP on and copy those files there and overwrite the ones that are there. If you want you can make backups, which I would recommend.

Be sure you do this in Vista, because it won't let you while you're in Safe Mode in XP.

Let me know if this helps!

no mate, is the same, i do not know what is going on, but anyway i will recover the windows using the xp cd, so i will wait a bit to install sp3 again.

thanks guys

Edited by jasj23