TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
adisan

Release date for XP SP3

Found on http://www.neowin.net/

With Service Pack 3 for Windows XP just over the horizon, we've managed to get our hands on the internal schedule for the release of the highly anticipated update to the aging operating system. As you can see in the list below, most of the stages will occur before the end of the month, though forced automatic updates won't land until June. This delay should give system administrators an ample amount of time to prepare for the upgrade or simply come up with an excuse for when things go awry.

April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP

April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers

April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center

June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates

So, anyone with connect account will share the las bits of XP, tomorrow is the day it seems, let's hope there is no delay on the release, I have a gold XP corp Image that I want to slipstream onto it..... can't way, will dual boot again I want to check how good it is......lates

I was reading somewhere else, and Mary Jo Foley has also said that she can confirm that her sources have told her that Monday is the day that SP3 goes RTM officially. I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

Any torrent available, somebody may have as we speak......

Wohoo, just need a torrent now. Any idea what's the final build number? :)

Edited by rz_

I wish I had it. Technet and MSDN HAVE to wait until the 29th of April.... strange.

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Delayed Due to Bug

The code for XP SP3 was only finalized recently. Microsoft had earlier promised an April 29 release to Windows Update and automatic rollouts by June 10, but the recent discoveries of the compatibility issues arouse unexpectedly. The issue is forcing the software giant to delay the release of Windows XP SP3 to Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center. The bug is also said to exist between Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Dynamics RMS, even though Vista SP1 was recently released.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/windows-xp-sp3,news-28085.html