Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2008-chick

Problems with xp restarting with no warning

6 posts in this topic

Hi again everyone, does anybody elses pc restart with no warning every so often? the processor fan has been cleaned but it still keeps doing it, just restarting the whole pc and i lose everything. can any1 help me?

go to "My Computer" right click and hit properties. On the Advanced tab select Settings in the "Startup and Recovery" box. Is "Automatically Restart" checked if so uncheck it. after changing that does it still restart without warning or does it give a stop error (BSOD) also google the stop error and see what others have found out about it. note what you are doing at the time of each failure, did you just plug in a usb device or maybe it's that that new game In my experience if this doesn't produce a stop error, it probably a motherboard, graphics card, power supply hardware or related driver failure so first try reinstalling those drivers first.

Im so glad someone knows what to do! The box was checked, so i'll see how it gets on with things now, does that mean that when i click on restart computer...from the start menu it wont restart, i have to totally shut down pc and turn off and back on?

Thanks for your help.

sophia

>

go to "My Computer" right click and hit properties. On the Advanced tab select Settings in the "Startup and Recovery" box. Is "Automatically Restart" checked if so uncheck it. after changing that does it still restart without warning or does it give a stop error (BSOD) also google the stop error and see what others have found out about it. note what you are doing at the time of each failure, did you just plug in a usb device or maybe it's that that new game In my experience if this doesn't produce a stop error, it probably a motherboard, graphics card, power supply hardware or related driver failure so first try reinstalling those drivers first.

No it will restart normally when you tell it too, but if you get a STOP error instead of restarting it will show you the error and you can tell us what that is and we can help you further :)

Great stuff thank you everyone

:thumbsup2:

No it will restart normally when you tell it too, but if you get a STOP error instead of restarting it will show you the error and you can tell us what that is and we can help you further :)