Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
koolkid4521

help with windows xp sp3 v3244

14 posts in this topic

can you guys help me, I installed windows xp on the new computer i just bought and used a cd i downloaded with sp3 v3244 integrated. Me being stupid i didn't think to upgrade to v3264 is there any way of me doing this without having to do a clean install of xp. sorry if the question is stupid, im just a n00b when it comes to this

can you guys help me, I installed windows xp on the new computer i just bought and used a cd i downloaded with sp3 v3244 integrated. Me being stupid i didn't think to upgrade to v3264 is there any way of me doing this without having to do a clean install of xp.

sorry if the question is stupid, im just a n00b when it comes to this

!. Do you have a key to install windows?

2. Is it retail or oem?

3. What version of windows are you using?

4. There is a way to integrate it with the newer build, but need to be clear on this.

!. Do you have a key to install windows?

2. Is it retail or oem?

3. What version of windows are you using?

4. There is a way to integrate it with the newer build, but need to be clear on this.

1. yes i have a key to install windows

2. it is retail

3. it is xp professional student edition

I think can unistall?:

How do I uninstall Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate?

All you have to do is open a Run dialog box type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter. Alternatively, you can make your way via Control Panel to Add or Remove Programs. Here you will have to identify XP SP3 (936929), and then hit Remove. The machine will have to be restarted in order for the uninstall to be completed. But even with a restart users should know that it will take Windows up to one hour before the service pack will be completely removed.

And Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signat...ws-XP-SP3.shtml

Unfortunetly, he said he integrated, so all the files is integrated into the operating system, so there is no way to uninstall it. I suggest getting a windows xp professional sp2 or windows xp professional and integrate the new sp3 3264 build.

ok thanks hoped i did not have to do that but thankfully i got a second hd to backup all my stuff on

Edited by koolkid4521

yes but it doesnt even show up in add or remove programs

Thats cause it is integrated fully into the operating system. It isn't stored in the registry, all the new files from the service pack replaced the old system files making it pernament.

Goodluck.

Edited by sammy1237

can you guys help me, I installed windows xp on the new computer i just bought and used a cd i downloaded with sp3 v3244 integrated. Me being stupid i didn't think to upgrade to v3264 is there any way of me doing this without having to do a clean install of xp.

sorry if the question is stupid, im just a n00b when it comes to this

you can go here it explains on how todo a non destructive install of xp it works I had installed sp3 v3244 froma cd I made with it in there and just used a cd with sp2 to do the nondestructive install read what it says todo and it will work you will not loose any of your programs

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/sho...&queryText=

Edited by taz1963

LOL just forgot xD If all i wanted to do is OMG man .....now i know.....LOl why didn't i just do the repair option :P If all i wanted to do is change the windows version such as sp2 to an sp3 xp all i had to do was repair the windows installation. Thats really funny. Now i can keep everything with all the new updates. Thats really nice :) Note: To repair a windows installation, make sure that the operating system you installed and the version of windows you are going to use to repair is exactly the same. Example: Windows Xp home is installed, have to repair with a windows xp home cd in order to repair, if done with professional, repair won't show up.

Edited by sammy1237