Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help Needed, This Problem Is Driving Me Crazy!

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I need some help, cos this problem is getting on my nerves big time! Every time I boot xp, I get a message pop up each time saying "HID Non-User Input Data Filter" there was a problem installing this hardware, fatal error during installation I noticed in windows update there was a update for this, so I thought it would fix it, but this wont work either. and am getting Error Code: 0x80070643 when trying to install through windows update Ive already googled around, but cant find any help, can someone please help, as I'm getting quite frustrated!

Posted · Report post

Have you tried uninstalling the device, restart and see if that fixes it?

Posted · Report post

Funny thing is, I cant see the device in hardware properties :huh:

Posted · Report post

What HID device have you installed recently? If the driver is not working, you will not see it in device manager other then as an HID device! Do as Kittyfuzz suggested, uninstall/physically remove the device, reboot, and try again....if its a mouse or keyboard, try a different one to clear the error.

Posted · Report post

You can show hidden devices. Check Show Hidden Devices under View . See if that works. Also you can show Ghost devices by adding this command in Environment Variables: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices = 1