TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Myst

Windows XP SP3 RC Does NOT Support HD Audio; Fix Available

In Windows XP, if we need to run a High Definition Audio (HDA) device, we would have to install the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver. This is either the KB835221 (for SP1) or the newer KB888111 (for SP2 or SP1).

However, this does NOT work for the latest Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate Release. If you've already tried installing the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate v3264 with a High Definition Audio (HDA) device in your computer, I'll bet you have encountered problems with the audio drivers as I did.

View Full Article: TechARP

HI! i found the same solution as the review article but in a little different way... i download the hotfix from MS... but the exe doesn't allow me to install it because i have a newer version of SP... so... the hotfix is an .exe file... i remeber that sometime with winrar i can open an .exe file and extract the contained files.. so i do the same for the hotfix.. later i do all the same steps as the article says... go to system.. device manager... select the ??? device... right click on update driver.. and select the folder where i have extracted the files contained at the .exe hotfix.. so for my buddy asking for a HD Audio hotfix for x64... if u have SP3.. u can do the same as I..

download the fix here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

after that open the .exe with winrar and extract it to some folder... and all that i say before.. =P i hope it helps =)

HI! i found the same solution as the review article but in a little different way... i download the hotfix from MS... but the exe doesn't allow me to install it because i have a newer version of SP... so... the hotfix is an .exe file... i remeber that sometime with winrar i can open an .exe file and extract the contained files.. so i do the same for the hotfix.. later i do all the same steps as the article says... go to system.. device manager... select the ??? device... right click on update driver.. and select the folder where i have extracted the files contained at the .exe hotfix.. so for my buddy asking for a HD Audio hotfix for x64... if u have SP3.. u can do the same as I..

download the fix here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

after that open the .exe with winrar and extract it to some folder... and all that i say before.. =P i hope it helps =)

I've done that now, but its a 400mb file and i cant choose the folder I've extracted it too (using 7-zip) with the device manager since it contains subfolders. My question is now, which folder or file must i choose now?

Or maybe it's possible to use one of the other .exe files that is available now?

Thanks for help so far

Neat, that's mine. I just registered. It's really meant to integrate into a slipstreamed SP3 source so that it is copied and installed during setup, but it works just fine after installing XP. There's a tool called "RyanVM Integrator" that does this. .sys files go in system32\drivers, inf files in \windows\inf and the rest (excluding the ini files) go in system32. HDA drivers should pick it up and not complain.

Edited by redxii

no issue here and I have installed 3300

Now that's how you resurrect an old topic (for the sake of getting in that one post to remain active)!