TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Myst

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview

Microsoft has released a white paper on Windows XP SP3, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft download center.

Although at present XP SP3 is in RC1 stage and is available only at Connect and was also recently made available to TechNet/MSDN subscribers, this white paper has been released. This will be very useful for those who wants to deploy this service pack.

This white paper summarizes what's new in this service pack.

View:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview(XPS Format)

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview(PDF Format)

Edited by FantasyBoy

Guest ajschwab2004

Doesn't include IE 7, that's the only thing I don't like. It also saids that Service Pack is for combining updates into 1 package? If so why is IE 7 not included in this pack? It also didn't say anything about including WMP 11 either? And why is IE 6 updates included in this Service Pack? When most users are now using IE 7, so why include IE 6 updates when no one cares about IE 6 anymore? IE 6 is gone, it's out the window. I just don't understand this at all! I also still believe there's some changes to be done on Windows XP, but as I've seen everybody say on the internet and also in PC World. Service Pack 3 is just a way to make everyone go out and buy Windows Vista and switch! It better have WMP 11, cause if it doesn't then I gotta go download WMP 11 and IE 7 after installing this Service Pack everytime I format my computer. It's totally stupid!

You shouldn't need to be formatting your computer, and IE 6 is still part of Windows XP so the included updates to it. IE 6 is much better then IE 7 anyways, use IE 6 or FireFox thats what I recommend. And WMP 11 is not included because its also not a part of XP, its Vista or Media Center based, the SP is for XP, the core of it. Those are customizations/addons to your XP so stop formatting you computer so often and you wouldn't need to worry.

IE7 is a feature and security upgrade over ie6. People can live without wmp11 or install it later but leaving out ie7 isnt good imo.