TheHotfix.net is closing! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mrl0n3ly714

XP SP3 Build 3205 install ERROR

When i try to install i got this error message appear when the progress bar at checking free space: There is not enough disk space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install Service Pack3. Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files for uninstallation, Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space. Free additional space on ou hard disk and then try again. My hard driver is 160 and i only used 10G of it, Ram is 4G,Video Card is 512MB , 2.40 Core Due... Please help me.... i downloaded it from the forum...

This in english means: There is no space on your main Hard Drive (Storage Device) so you need to compress the drive and/or clear any tempory files out such as recycle bin etc. This may or may help: Click Start > Click "My Computer" > Right click on your Partition/Harddrive check the box "Compress Drive" click ok, it will ask if you want to apply to all folders, and yes you do, now it may take a few hours, if you get any errors, such as no write permission or file is in use, click ignore. After a couple of hours, when its done hit Start > My Computer > Right click on your drive/partition > Hit disk clean up, check all, click ok, and yes you are sure you want to then try run the setup again.

This in english means: There is no space on your main Hard Drive (Storage Device) so you need to compress the drive and/or clear any tempory files out such as recycle bin etc.

This may or may help:

Click Start > Click "My Computer" > Right click on your Partition/Harddrive check the box "Compress Drive" click ok, it will ask if you want to apply to all folders, and yes you do, now it may take a few hours, if you get any errors, such as no write permission or file is in use, click ignore.

After a couple of hours, when its done hit

Start > My Computer > Right click on your drive/partition > Hit disk clean up, check all, click ok, and yes you are sure you want to

then try run the setup again.

i tried but still no work ... any ideas ? :(

integrate it with nLite

i did integrate but then it need sp3 key for the fresh install...and i tried the sp2 key then it gave me error product id key...any id how to integrate and install without the key?

i did integrate but then it need sp3 key for the fresh install...and i tried the sp2 key then it gave me error product id key...any id how to integrate and install without the key?

If you integrate sp3 and do a fresh install there is no need for a key. IT says "There is no need to type a cd key anymore, however it is adviced to do so for activation of windows"

When i try to install i got this error message appear when the progress bar at checking free space:

There is not enough disk space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install Service Pack3. Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files for uninstallation, Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space. Free additional space on ou hard disk and then try again.

My hard driver is 160 and i only used 10G of it, Ram is 4G,Video Card is 512MB , 2.40 Core Due...

Please help me....

i downloaded it from the forum...

Look this link!!!

... Apple computers

This issue affects Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional operating systems running through Apple Boot Camp.

If you attempt to install this release candidate on an Intel-based Apple computer (Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac) that is running Windows XP SP2 through Boot Camp, installation may fail with the error "Out of disk space". ...

To avoid this, manually create a necessary registry key as follows:

To create the registry key

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

On the Edit menu, point to New, and click String Value.

In the text box under the Name column, type BootDir and press ENTER.

Right-click the name BootDir, and then click Modify.

In the Edit String Value dialog box, type the drive letter for your system drive, and then click OK. For example, if your system drive is C:, type C:\.

Close Registry Editor.

After you have created this registry key (or if you created this key when you installed a previous version of this Service Pack), you can proceed with the installation.

If you're using a Mac w/ Boot Camp, easy fix - - - Upgrade Boot Camp to 2.1

After updateing Boot Camp to 2.1 you should be then able to run XP SP3

If you have anything else other than the above can't help ya there

If you have an HP pc w/ an AMD cpu, may want to hold off for ahwile. Check HP.com for details.

When i try to install i got this error message appear when the progress bar at checking free space:

There is not enough disk space on C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ to install Service Pack3. Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space or if you also want to archive the files for uninstallation, Setup requires a minimum of 4 additional megabytes of free space. Free additional space on ou hard disk and then try again.

My hard driver is 160 and i only used 10G of it, Ram is 4G,Video Card is 512MB , 2.40 Core Due...

Please help me....

i downloaded it from the forum...