Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums

Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of TheHotfix.net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

a 5 second pause before windows CP loads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mgiardino

mgiardino

Leecher

• 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone happens to know the solution to a minor problem I have run into. It seems my Windows XP SP3 likes to stall for about 5 seconds from a cold boot just before the Loading XP image.... No idea why. This started after I re-imahed my totally configured PC with Ghost. Let's set the scene.

BIOS Settings = Boot From HDD
Network = Static IP address not garnered from DHCP server
= No special shares or such
Software=Nothing special loaded, just my bare OS that is patched and ready to rumble.

I have had ZERO problems with the image when it was the one that was installed not, ghosted........

any ideas would be great!!

Thanks!!

#2 Franpa

Franpa

TheHotfix Addicted

• Premium Sponsor
  • 1330 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

You used a Nortons product, there's your problem -_-", Nortons have been making terrible software ever since they dropped support for Windows 9x, I think that was also around the time Norton left the company or whatever ^^"

#3 thompchr

thompchr

Leecher

• 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

I've actually used Ghost pretty frequently and in a high demand environment and never had a problem with it although it definitely sounds like something in the ghosting process is to blame. I have however, had some problems when I did something in the image creation process I shouldn't have

#4 Review Guru

Review Guru

A.I. Gone AWOL

• VIP
  • 4471 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

Check around your bios settings... Make sure that it does not wait for 5secs before loading the other I/O devices. Also, check for latest motherboard firmware. Might need to flash it. Since 5secs is not seriously a long wait, i would advice you to just wait for 5seconds...

(A lot of other factors come into play, like speed of computer to load the kernel and those, so i'm just taking it that your in a modern computer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users