Features of Norton AntiBot:
- Actively monitors your PC's applications and processes 24×7, so it's always protected
- Removes detected bots and malware and their related components, custom installation files, and registry settings
- Protects against emerging variants of bots and other malware threats—without relying completely on signature updates
- Has minimal impact on your PC's performance, so you can continue to work and play normally
- Detects malicious software at the deepest levels of your Windows® system in real time to defeat hidden attacks that other products can't tackle
- Includes protection updates as available throughout the renewable service period
1. Visit this page to get Norton AntiBot serial number. Enter your email address, check the box for "Ich akzeptiere" and click the button that says "Gratis Produktschlüssel anfordern"
2. Now check the email address that you've entered earlier. You should get an email from email@example.com with the subject "Norton Antibot". If you didn't get it, check your spam/junk folder. The Norton Antibot serial number is in the email.
3. Download Norton AntiBot and install.
4. Run Norton Antibot after installing, press the "Enter Product Key" button and enter the serial number that you got from the email. You must have an active internet connection when entering the serial number. After entering serial number, you'll get a message that says "Product key has been updated".
5. Now you'll see that your Norton AntiBot has a subscription of 366 days!
When Norton Antibot is sitting at the Windows tray, it doesn't take up much memory. I've also tried infecting myself with Bifrost trojan, and it immediately detected it as threat and even gives me details on what it does to my computer such as Registers executable to survive reboot, executable changed, executes from the filesystem, writes to Windows directory, injects code and executable is packed. In my opinion, Norton AntiBot works better than Trend Micro RU Botted which is still in beta and offered for free.
If you're wondering why is Symantec giving out free Norton AntiBot serial number, well, actually this free license is meant for people who bought the German ComputerBILD magazine.