Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums

Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of TheHotfix.net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

XP (Os2/Warp) Boot Screen Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave

Dave

Zero Tolerance

• Root Admin
  • 12539 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:37 AM

Hi guys, ok I have an older machine that I was playing with lastnight trying to make it look like a mac and changed my bootscreen for a mac one, the result being the screen below which is clearly not a mac bootscreen

I have tried resetting to default and I have tried applying a new bootscreen but this one will not go away

The entries in the boot.ini give me an option at boot for which screen to use but they all show the one below

I have since installed Tune Up Utillities 2008 and tried replacing the bootscreen with that, it said success but hasn`t done anything apart from adding an entry in the boot.ini for (tuneup backup) which is the blue one too!!

Its really annoying me and I cant change it, please help!! I cant be bothered formatting a perfectly good installation just for a bootscreen but I dont want my pc looking like something gates built in the 80`s either.!

I used LogonUIBootRandomizer to change the bootscreen originally and my logon screen which I can change using the same program no probs.

Posted Image

#2 Atasas

Atasas

Forum Loyalist

• 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

winxp manager

#3 Dave

Dave

Zero Tolerance

• Root Admin
  • 12539 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

I fixed it after some searching it ended up being a program called "bootskin" which I only installed I never actually used, as soon as I unloaded it my bootscreen is now skinable again!

Thanks anyway guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users