Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums

Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of TheHotfix.net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

help with windows xp sp3 v3244

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

can you guys help me, I installed windows xp on the new computer i just bought and used a cd i downloaded with sp3 v3244 integrated. Me being stupid i didn't think to upgrade to v3264 is there any way of me doing this without having to do a clean install of xp.

sorry if the question is stupid, im just a n00b when it comes to this

#2 sammy1237

sammy1237

Windows Beta Tester

• Star Member
  • 697 posts
  • Interests: Meeting New people and helping out others. Also having fun. I love testing windows builds and learning about the latest tech! :)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

can you guys help me, I installed windows xp on the new computer i just bought and used a cd i downloaded with sp3 v3244 integrated. Me being stupid i didn't think to upgrade to v3264 is there any way of me doing this without having to do a clean install of xp.

!. Do you have a key to install windows?
2. Is it retail or oem?
3. What version of windows are you using?
4. There is a way to integrate it with the newer build, but need to be clear on this.

#3 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

!. Do you have a key to install windows?
2. Is it retail or oem?
3. What version of windows are you using?
4. There is a way to integrate it with the newer build, but need to be clear on this.

1. yes i have a key to install windows
2. it is retail
3. it is xp professional student edition

#4 999

0x3E7

• Root Admin
  • 3595 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

I think can unistall?:

How do I uninstall Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate?

All you have to do is open a Run dialog box type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter. Alternatively, you can make your way via Control Panel to Add or Remove Programs. Here you will have to identify XP SP3 (936929), and then hit Remove. The machine will have to be restarted in order for the uninstall to be completed. But even with a restart users should know that it will take Windows up to one hour before the service pack will be completely removed.

And Download: http://www.softpedia...ws-XP-SP3.shtml

#5 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

yes but it doesnt even show up in add or remove programs

#6 sammy1237

sammy1237

Windows Beta Tester

• Star Member
  • 697 posts
  • Interests: Meeting New people and helping out others. Also having fun. I love testing windows builds and learning about the latest tech! :)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

Unfortunetly, he said he integrated, so all the files is integrated into the operating system, so there is no way to uninstall it. I suggest getting a windows xp professional sp2 or windows xp professional and integrate the new sp3 3264 build.

#7 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

ok thanks hoped i did not have to do that but thankfully i got a second hd to backup all my stuff on

Edited by koolkid4521, 22 January 2008 - 06:19 PM.

#8 sammy1237

sammy1237

Windows Beta Tester

• Star Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

yes but it doesnt even show up in add or remove programs

Thats cause it is integrated fully into the operating system. It isn't stored in the registry, all the new files from the service pack replaced the old system files making it pernament.

Goodluck.

Edited by sammy1237, 22 January 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#9 Scott1963

Scott1963

Overclocker Extreme!

• Super Moderator
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

you can go here it explains on how todo a non destructive install of xp it works I had installed sp3 v3244 froma cd I made with it in there and just used a cd with sp2 to do the nondestructive install read what it says todo and it will work you will not loose any of your programs
http://www.informati...o...&queryText=

Edited by taz1963, 23 January 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#10 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:38 PM

thank you very much for this man much appreciated im so lucky i didnt reformat my hd already

#11 sammy1237

sammy1237

Windows Beta Tester

• Star Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

LOL just forgot xD If all i wanted to do is OMG man .....now i know.....LOl why didn't i just do the repair option :P If all i wanted to do is change the windows version such as sp2 to an sp3 xp all i had to do was repair the windows installation. Thats really funny. Now i can keep everything with all the new updates. Thats really nice :)

Note: To repair a windows installation, make sure that the operating system you installed and the version of windows you are going to use to repair is exactly the same.

Example: Windows Xp home is installed, have to repair with a windows xp home cd in order to repair, if done with professional, repair won't show up.

Edited by sammy1237, 23 January 2008 - 07:03 PM.

#12 Scott1963

Scott1963

Overclocker Extreme!

• Super Moderator
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:57 AM

yw everyone a friend of mine gave me the link he does pc repairs from his house like i do

#13 Ovaltine Jenkins

Ovaltine Jenkins

live, local, & late breaking w/ Ovaltine Jenkins

• VIP
  • 1150 posts
  • Interests: gotta dual core

currently feeling GREAT!

AND A NEW dual core Laptop and Dell 4700 for 45 w/ 17in LCD

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:12 AM

if u install any SP3 is messes up and hacks u had running like themes and anti-wga and all that it brings it back to square 1

#14 koolkid4521

koolkid4521

Forum Loyalist

• 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

i dont have any hacks or anti wga its all legit so i dont have to worry about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users