Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums

Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of TheHotfix.net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dankane316

dankane316

Complete Newbie

• 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

i have xp home installed on my pc... When i'm on my pc for awhile my Hard Drive keeps turning off and on and windows crashes but my hard drive goes mad then i get the bluescreen saying a critical thread or processor has unexpectedly exit or has been terminated. When i restart it boots up normally. I get other blue screen saying 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and Win2k C0000021a -_-

Edited by dankane316, 13 January 2008 - 11:30 AM.

#2 FTD2004

FTD2004

A.I. Gone AWOL

• 3602 posts
  • Interests: Music, Soft, Movies

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

what u have in the case of the PC ? Maybe it's the power source ....

#3 agm

agm

Leecher

• 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

Perhaps this might help:

To quote MicroSoft; Q329284: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

"A machine check exception occurs when Windows XP and your hardware platform cannot recover from a hardware error so that the system can continue to run successfully and reliably. More specific diagnosis of machine check exceptions is difficult, and there is no general solution. Contact your hardware manufacturer or a computer hardware technician for help with troubleshooting this issue.

Machine check exceptions are frequently caused by one of the following conditions:

* You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.

* Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.

* Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.

* You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users