Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums

Welcome to TheHotfix.net Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of TheHotfix.net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

View Windows XP User Account Passwords

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 #13 D. Limes

#13 D. Limes

dlimes13

• Exclusive Member
  • 1216 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

Ok, here's the thing. Passwords were set on my laptop last night by my dad, and I can't even gain access to my account. I am in the Administrator account right now, but I want to get on to my account. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with the latest updates. I just need to view the password for my account, and not remove it and get caught. I'm not supposed to be on here right now, otherwise I would remove the password myself. Once again, I just need to view my password, that's it. Thanks in advance guys!!

#2 ilex

ilex

Forum Loyalist

• 76 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

Ok, here's the thing. Passwords were set on my laptop last night by my dad, and I can't even gain access to my account. I am in the Administrator account right now, but I want to get on to my account. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with the latest updates. I just need to view the password for my account, and not remove it and get caught. I'm not supposed to be on here right now, otherwise I would remove the password myself. Once again, I just need to view my password, that's it. Thanks in advance guys!!

You mean his password? http://www.loginrecovery.com/

#3 asterisk2oxx

asterisk2oxx

Hardcore Nerd

• 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:43 PM

As far as I'm aware it's not possible, though it could be and I'm just unaware of it. If you have a copy of Hiren's Boot CD hanging around it has several tools that will reset user account passwords to blank. While it's not exactly what you're wanting, this method does give you access to setting up your own password once you get back into windows.

Beware!!! Resetting a user's or administrator's password on XP might cause data loss, especially EFS-encrypted files and saved passwords from within Internet Explorer. So you've been warned. Although i can say that personally I've never had any issues with it since most people don't encrypt files ;)

#4 #13 D. Limes

#13 D. Limes

dlimes13

• Exclusive Member
  • 1216 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

I tried loginrecovery earlier, and it didn't work. The "Jack" account is my account and there are three other accounts, "Jack Sr", "Lillian", and "Teresa." I gained access to the administrator account by booting into Safe Mode with Networking, since I was the one who installed Windows a while back. I just need to view the password my father put on everybody's account without removing or modifying them, because he'll know. Just viewing them I can get into my account. I'll try the loginrecovery again though.

#5 atrapine

atrapine

TheHotfix Addicted

• Exclusive Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

You could use Austrumi linux. And reset the password And just plead ignorant when he cant login lol :D it's a 50M bootable mini distro.

Austrumi

Austrumi is a Linux bootable ISO image for recovering NT passwords and other cool tools and methods, sized for Business Card size CD media (50Mb). It allows you to change any password, including that of the Administrator, on a partition occupied by Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Simply boot the CD and when you get to the initial boot prompt, type:

boot: nt_pass

This will launch a console utility that will detect Windows partitions on the hard disk and provide you with a menu to modify any user or Administrator passwords on the Windows system. It will even give access to the Windows registry for recovery purposes. Quite a handy utility to keep in your wallet (AUSTRUMI is small enough to fit on a business card-size CD) if you are unfortunate enough to having to deal with Windows machines in your line of work.

Download: http://sourceforge.n...ojects/austrumi

Edited by atrapine, 09 February 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#6 Mario

Mario

Team China

• Exclusive Member
  • 848 posts
  • Interests: biking

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

can't u just use erd commander?
its to recover the password

#7 sagem

sagem

TheHotfix Addicted

• VIP
  • 1044 posts
  • Interests: !Bite Me!

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

use rockxp it will tell you all passwords in the system as well as ies passwords for stuff like hotmail and your email addys for your isp and dialup.
hope that helps

#8 #13 D. Limes

#13 D. Limes

dlimes13

• Exclusive Member
  • 1216 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

In the NT hashes box, there is no LanMan password for my name, and the NT is 89d7f99ba37339ec3af5a4a1f27a9df2, what do I do with that?

#9 k5resort

k5resort

TheHotfix Addicted

• VIP
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

This is really easy. Just download the live-cd of ophcrack and burn it. Boot from it and it will crack your pass really fast. http://sourceforge.n...group_id=133599

#10 atrapine

atrapine

TheHotfix Addicted

• Exclusive Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

An even better way would be Ophcrack Live CD! :thumbsup2:
Complete easy howto guide here http://lifehacker.co...e-cd-232963.php

Hope that helps?
(Edit)
Sorry K5resort we posted at the same time lol.

Edited by atrapine, 09 February 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#11 #13 D. Limes

#13 D. Limes

dlimes13

• Exclusive Member
  • 1216 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

tried it earlier, just i gave it like 1 hr, and nothing

#12 envisaged0ne

envisaged0ne

TheHotfix Addicted

• VIP
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:43 AM

tried it earlier, just i gave it like 1 hr, and nothing

\
Sorry if someone already posted this, but I didn't see it when skimming through the posts. This looks like your best bet. Easy to use and all it does is recover the password without wiping it out. Exactly what you were asking for...

Windows Password recovery

http://www.loginrecovery.com

This site provides a tool to recover lost Windows XP passwords. It works for administrator and user accounts, it doesn't change the password just tells you the old one. It works with encrypted files (EFS) and password hashes. It even works if no passwords at all are known for the machine (as long as you have another computer with internet access to view this website with).

Author claims it also works with Windows NT and Windows Server 2003 and Windows Longhorn, but the BEST thing about it is the fact that it won't reset your passwords, but simply reveal them for you to remember and then use.

Give it a try. The author would like to receive feedback. There is a free service as well as a priority service that will retrieve your passwords within minutes. The fee for the priority service is very cheap, and is really just to cover server costs.

Note: You'll need a blank floppy to run the process.

Update: Author now offers the same tool as a CD image for those of you who do not have a floppy in their computer.

Usage, instructions and additional information can be found at

#13 Chris2010

Chris2010

Leecher

• 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

I think the best method is using windows password recovery software. Burn the .iso file to a blank CD or a USB flash drive or a floppy disk, insert the CD(USB/floppy disk) into the problem computer and your password will be reset to "Blank" without losing any data and you needn't reinstall windows OS.

#14 Brando212

Brando212

Satan's little hacker

• Star Member
  • 863 posts
  • Interests: computers duh

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

google DreampackPL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users